Copper Mountain Area Info
Located in the western edge of Summit County, Copper Mountain is “The Locals Favorite” for skiing. The natural layout of the ski mountain is what makes Copper Mountain unique. The eastern edge of the resort is steeper than the western edge. Therefore, the the beginners and experts are naturally separated, while the intermediates have plenty of trails to ski in the middle.
Several bowls are accessed from the top of the mountain; Copper Bowl provides wide open skiing, Resolution bowl has bumps and Spaulding bowl is known for its steeps. Copper is also a year round resort with go carts and mountain biking in the summer, together with many music events and bicycle races.
Copper Creek Golf Course
The golf course at Copper Mountain, Copper Creek, is North America’s highest championship golf course. It is an 18 hole course located at the base of Copper Mountain. Copper Creek Golf Club winds through many of the resorts usually snow covered ski and snowboard trails and offers golfers of all abilities an enjoyable mountain golf experience. You can join a league, practice on the driving range or just play a round.
Copper Mountain Ski Resort
- Copper Opened: 1972-73 Ski Season
- Base Elevation: 9,712 feet/2,926 meters
- Summit Elevation: 12,313 feet/3,767 meters
- Vertical Drop: 2,601 feet/793 meters
- Chair-Lifts: 23 total – 2 replacement lifts installed for the 2018-2019 season
- Lift Capacity: 32,324 skiers per hour
- Skiable Acres: 2,465 acres/985 hectares makes Copper one of the largest ski and snowboard resorts in Colorado
- Marked Trails: Over 140 Marked Trails (21% beginner, 25% intermediate, 36% advanced, 18% expert)
- Average Snowfall (Annual): 306 inches/777 centimeters
- Snowmaking: 331 acres/154 hectares
- Longest Run: 1.7 miles/2.73 kilometers (Collage)
- Longest Path Down: 2.8 miles/5 kilometers (Soliloquy to Roundabout)
- Cross Country Skiing: 25 kilometers of trails allow skiers to make their way through the picturesque White River National Forest.
- Additional Activities: Ice Skating, Snowshoeing, Tubing, Sleigh Rides, Mountain Coaster, Cross Country Skiing, Racquet and Athletic Club, Spa Facilities, Shopping, Dining, Après
Love Copper Mountain?
Sign up and receive Copper Mountain listings as they come on the market.
Copper Mountain Real Estate
In 1999-2000, Intrawest built a new Center Village around the base areas at the American Eagle and American Flyer lifts. Mill Club, Copper One Lodge, Tucker Mountain Lodge, Taylor’s Crossing Condos and Passage Point make up the nucleus of the village. Several older buildings like Village Square and Copper Junction along with a wide variety of shops, restaurants & pubs complete Center Village.
Copper Springs Lodge is the newest condo building at the East Village. The Super Bee ski lift is a six pack lift, speeding up the loading process from the East Village. Copper Station day lodge serves the needs of skiers in the winter and golfers on Copper Creek golf course in the summer. Property ownership has its benefits in East Village. Many units are ski in/ski out or very close to the lifts. Some are both ski-in, ski-out and golf-in and golf-out!
Copper Mountain has a newer condo building near West Village (previously known as Union Creek) named The Cache at Union Creek. The Union Creek Townhomes added a new phase, some very high end duplexes have been built between Union Creek and Lewis Ranch. Lewis Ranch is a neighborhood of multi-million dollar, single family homes and duplexes located in a gated community just past the West Village base area.
|Number of properties in Copper Single Family & Duplex:||10|
|Average price in Copper Single Family & Duplex:||$2,756,678|
|Average Sq Ft in Copper Single Family & Duplex:||4,669|
|Average Price per Ft2 in Copper Single Family & Duplex:||$590|
|Number of properties in Copper Condos and Townhomes:||17|
|Average price in Copper Condos and Townhomes:||$833,406|
|Average Sq Ft in Copper Condos and Townhomes:||1,403|
|Average Price per Ft2 in Copper Condos and Townhomes:||$594|