What’s the best course of action when selling my home?
Selling your home can be a confusing process, especially if it’s your first time or if you are out of the area. To help with this, we have put together a brief road map. It should give you an overview of what you should be doing and what to expect.
I need to choose a competent, real estate agent that will manage selling my home from start to finish. How do I go about that?
Hiring a real estate agent to sell your home is a big decision. Unless you already know a good one, it’s generally best to talk with multiple agents before making a decision. Talk to family and friends and see who they used when selling their home. Many sellers find their agent on the internet or from advertising. Plan to take some time to talk with each agent on your list. Some topics you should discuss include your working relationship with the agent, the systems in place throughout the transaction, who you will be dealing with during the process, and what kind of experience & education the agent has.
Now that Mountain Living Real Estate is selling my home, what can I expect?
We don’t take the responsibility of selling your home lightly. We want to be your Agent, not a Transaction Broker. As your Agent we put your goals first and foremost and take pride in our ability to accomplish that task.
We have many systems in place to help you sell your property for the most money in the shortest amount of time. A great sale begins with our marketing system. This system includes:
- Preparing the home for sale.
- Using video and photography to highlight the best features of the property.
- Displaying your property on multiple websites.
- Marketing your property in print publications locally and in the front range.
- Keeping you informed of showing activity and feedback.
- Creating social media campaigns to engage potential buyers.
- Regularly reviewing the market to stay on top of the latest fluctuations.
- Making adjustments as needed along the way.
When an offer is received we use our negotiation skills to achieve the best possible outcome from this buyer. That can happen in a variety of ways and may not always mean buyer and seller will come to an agreement.
Once my home is under contract, what do I do?
Once you are under contract another one of our systems kicks in; transaction management. Some of the things we handle during this phase are:
- Provide the necessary documentation to the Buyer.
- Monitor all the dates and deadlines in the contract.
- Review all the documents relating to the transaction.
- Let you know what to expect and what you should be doing along the way.
- Alert you to red flags or concerns.
- Stay on top of the status of the Buyer’s loan, if applicable.
- Arrange estimates or repairs for inspection items, if applicable.
- Schedule closing & ensure everyone and everything is ready for the big day.
After Closing we continue to make sure everything gets wrapped up. Of course first things first, the money needs to make it into your account as planned. After that, we will provide you with copies of all the paperwork generated during the transaction and are here if you need anything. We enjoy catching up to find out how you have been after a sale so please give us a call or stop in and say hi from time to time. We love referrals and would be honored to help your family and friends if they have real estate needs in the area.
From start to finish, we will continue to guide you through the process, directing you to the necessary tasks and educating you about the decisions to be made.