It’s been a great ski season in Summit County this year! The season started off with good early snow resulting in all areas of the ski mountains being opened earlier than is typical. Most recently, March’s record snowfall. We have to wait and see how the last remaining weeks of the season shake out but no matter what, there’s no denying it’s been an amazing 2018/2019 ski season. Unfortunately, it’s about time for the beginning of the end. Closing dates for ski resorts in Summit County start in April. The good snow is allowing some resorts to extend the season though. Here’s the current closing dates for ski resorts in Summit County. Keep in mind, they may change if the snow keeps falling this spring.
- Breckenridge – Memorial Day, May 27th, 2019 Breckenridge is extending every ski season until the end of May to make up for Arapahoe Basin leaving the Epic Pass.
- Copper Mountain – April 21st, 2019
Copper’s last day is Easter Sunday so expect the World’s Largest Easter Egg Hunt to be happening.
- Keystone – April 7th, 2019
Don’t miss Keystone’s Slush Cup pond skimming competition for kids and adults.
- Arapahoe Basin – June 2nd, 2019
All the snow this season has given A-Basin the confidence to keep the ski season going into June… and maybe longer.
- Loveland Ski Area – Officially May 5th, 2019
I expect their season to be extended into June.
- Vail Resort – April 21st, 2019
- Beaver Creek Ski Area – April 14th, 2019
Keep enjoying winter while it’s here. We’ll be moving into another awesome summer in Summit County pretty soon and will have so many more fun things to do outdoors.
Leave a Reply